Monday, February 17, 2014

I am being raised adjacent to an Amish community. Well they're not quite Amish but that's a story for another time. From an early age my parents choose to follow most of their traditions. Including only 8 years of schooling. Loving school as I do I found that tragic and asked to continue. That didn't happen. So here I am about two and a half years later trying to prepare myself to get a GED and go to college. Studying material for the SAT doesn't seem to be hard, but I've only done the first chapter or so how would I know. On the other hand the GED material is boring, tedious, and aggrevatingly planned. I mean really, they're trying to educate people who for the most part didn't have motivation in the first place. On this journey of learning I have many miles of space left to travel. But in the end I think it'll OK. I'm a smart person. And I finally think I've found my way out of the laborinth I was wandering. It's not about all those people getting you down. It's about you. Your life. Right now they may be controlling large pieces of it, but you can still find joy. You can still make the most of what you have. Relish that fact that someday you can do whatever you want. Make that happen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment